Vessels that sell within the first 60 – 120 days are the fortunate few. The vast majority of vessel owners are faced with extended days on market. The greater the market exposure, the more a vessel tends to suffer from negative perception. More prominently felt, however, by owners are the costs associated with the extended holding period. We eliminate those costs and deliver a better net outcome.
- Frustrated and Fatigued – High-quality asset, priced right, further price reduction unappealing, just not selling and donation is not an option.
- Business-Minded – Owner recognizes that a sale could happen in maybe two days or two years. They’re willing to discount some carrying costs in exchange for a six-week time-certain sale, as such an approach typically delivers equivalent net proceeds, or better, adjusted for time.
- Hard to Price – The vessel is unique, perhaps one-of-a-kind, well-built, maybe not well known in local waters, and just hard to asses fair value.
- Many Interested – On the market for many quarters, multiple interested and qualified buyers but they’re all on the sidelines lacking urgency.
- Nonprofit Donation Programs – High-quality donated vessels. We work with many nonprofits to help sell vessels received through donation.
- Synchronize Trades – Owner has eye on next new vessel but doesn't want to hold both. Needs a way to reasonably synchronize the trade of two assets.
- Special Situations – Death, divorce, illness, bank-owned, etc.
- Trade-Ins – Manufacturer and dealer inventory.
What Our Clients Have to Say About Boathouse Auctions
As a seller, the lack of a pending event plus the extended due diligence a buyer requires creates a buyer-advantaged process. Boathouse Auctions has successfully and politely modified the approach to bring this archaic process into the 21st century. I am thrilled with the result.Ed Lipkin, Former owner
As the carrying costs of larger yachts can be significant, days on market are costly. By offering Altitude Adjustment II through Boathouse Auctions, the finite timeline of the auction process serves as a motivation to prospective buyers and as an asset to owners in terms of time and cost savings.Craig Morris, Former owner
I praise Boathouse Auctions for leading me to the successful close of the boat I'd never before considered.Rick Gard, Buyer